Would you like to inspire and empower girls in your community as a Y’s Girls mentor?
Volunteer mentoring with YMCA is an excellent way to support vulnerable or disadvantaged young girls in your local area. As a volunteer mentor, you will be offered a full package of ongoing training and support for your personal and professional development, to help you and the young person get the most out of the mentoring process. Your local Project Coordinator will discuss your interests and availability, you will then be matched with a young person as your mentee.
Over a 12-month period, you will regularly meet with your young person and work together to identify achievable goals to focus on. These goals should empower the young person, building their resilience and enabling them to lead fulfilling lives. You can also help the young person to access activities and services and try new things. These sessions also offer an informal environment for the young person to discuss anything that might be worrying them, from family and personal relationships, to lifestyle and education.
Benefits from Mentoring
- Ongoing supervision and support
- Training opportunities from YMCA Black Country Group
- A working environment that values diversity, respect and learning
- Regular rewards i.e Gift Vouchers
- All expenses refunded for mileage/ travel and activities
- Celebration events (held every quarter)
- References provided by the Project Coordinator for future job opportunities
- Opportunities to apply for employment within the YMCA Black Country Group