Y-Living provides young people with safe, secure, affordable accommodation with a landlord they can trust.
Aimed at young professionals aged 18-35 or young people in full time education or training, Y-Living gives you the opportunity to live in great quality accommodation, alongside likeminded individuals. You might be returning to the area after University, leaving the family home for the first time, or just looking for a greater level of independence.
In our Y-Living Accommodation, we provide voluntary opportunities to residents to;
- Belong – by encouraging and supporting each other during their time at the accommodation
- Contribute – by volunteering in other areas of YMCA BCG, donating to our ‘Moving Forward Fund’, fundraising on our behalf or ‘Mentoring’ a resident in supported accommodation
- Thrive – by enabling residents to access activities and programs delivered by the YMCA locally, nationally and internationally.
There are different models of “Y living” within the YMCA Black Country Group but the important factor is that it is affordable and safe.
Models of “Y living” include;
- Y-Living – Shared House – a fully furnished shared house where the residents share communal space such as kitchen and living areas with all-inclusive bills.
- Y-Living – Cluster – where between 2 – 4 ensuite rooms share a kitchen and living space. A great option for those more sociable individuals who like having someone to share a home with.
- Y-Living – Self Contained – fully self-contained units giving you ultimate independence.