Y-Living accommodation provides young people with new, contemporary, safe and secure, accommodation with a landlord they can trust.
Aimed at young professionals aged 18-35 or young people in full time education or training, Y-Living gives you the opportunity to live in great quality accommodation, alongside likeminded individuals. You might be returning to the area after University, leaving the family home for the first time, or just looking for a greater level of independence.
We are more than just a Landlord!
In our Y-Living Accommodation, you can choose to get involved in our Belong, Contribute and Thrive programme. There is no expectation on you to do this… but we like to make the offer.
- Belong – by encouraging and supporting each other during you time in the accommodation, creating a caring community for all.
- Contribute – by volunteering in other areas of the YMCA, donating to our ‘Moving Forward Fund’, fundraising on our behalf or ‘Mentoring’ a resident in supported accommodation
- Thrive – by accessing activities and programs delivered by the YMCA locally, nationally and internationally.
Join our community of young individuals at our brand new City Centre development of 2 and 3 bed shared clusters (where ensuite rooms share a kitchen and living space; a great option for those more sociable individuals who like having someone to share a home with) and self-contained studio units (fully self-contained units giving you ultimate independence.)
City Gateway (as the name suggests) is located on the gateway to the City of Wolverhampton, its perfect for commuters to Birmingham, with the Royal Tram stop on the doorstep and the main train station a short walk away.
What do you need to be able to join our community?
To access accommodation at City Gateway an individual must be:
- Aged 18-35
- Have been in work for 3 months (or in training and education with a rent guarantor)
- Have a Bank Account
- Be able to provide 2 reference (1 from a previous landlord, 1 from an employer)
- Pass a credit check
- Pay a £250 deposit and 1 month rent in advance
What’s included at City Gateway?
As resident at City Gateway you will be able to access safe, secure, aspirational and affordable accommodation at a City Centre location with a landlord you can trust.
You will receive the following;
- Fully furnished, new build, smart designed accommodation with double beds as standard
- ‘One bill’ monthly charge where everything is included in your rent including heating, electric, water, and Wi-Fi. (Council Tax and TV License may be the responsibility of the resident.)
- Secure entry and 24 hour on call response
- On site laundry facilities
- Co-working areas
- Meeting Room available to hire
- Community events, enabling residents to Belong, Contribute and Thrive
- Out of hours Car Parking Permit available (limitations apply)
- No hassle Direct Debit rent payments
- 3 month minimum stay, no maximum length
- 1 month notice to leave
- Responsive Repairs and Maintenance Service
- Opportunity to contribute £1 a week to the Moving Forward Fund