YMCA has been mentoring young people as part of the Black Country Talent Match for 5 years. Supporting Young Adults aged 18-29 who have been out of work, training or education for at least 6 months and who require additional support to overcome specific barriers to employment.
With a continuation of funding, YMCA continues to offer support to the project via mentors based in each borough of the Black Country Hubs, who work with young people, from the following thematic groups, to offer intense mentoring support;
The projects focus is on the following thematic groups:
- Care leavers
- Members of travelling families
- Engaged in substance misuse
- Homeless or in need of housing
- ‘Hidden’ groups
YMCA offers further support to the project by being a partner on the Preferred Supplier Network offering the below;
- Childcare Provision
- Out of Hours Mentoring
- Accredited courses e.g. Maths, English and ICT
- Health and Wellbeing services
- Bespoke Workshops- Confidence building, Budgeting, Life Skills etc.