We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide via our website at www.ymcabc.org.uk (our site). This may include information provided through our “Contact Us” page, if you register to use our site, subscribing to newsletters, posting material, entering competitions or requesting further services.
- If you contact us via email or otherwise, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of your visits to our site, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise, and the resources that you access.
3. IP addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
What Cookies are used on this website?
The following cookies are used on this website:
|WordPress||Persistent||1 year||WordPress is the Content Management System (CMS) that runs this website. It uses a cookie when logging in and out and is essential for proper website operation. It is only set if you are a registered user, so for most people it is not used at all.|
Most web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
4. Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Process orders which you may place with us;
- To send newsletters, if you have requested that we do so;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- Answer your requests for information;
- Answer your emails;
- Send you information, which you have requested, about our services and products;
- Compile our accounting and tax records;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We will never share your information with third parties.
Where we wish to contact you about goods and services which may be of interest we will only do so if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
How do we protect your personal information?
We protect your personal information in the following ways:
- We store your personal information on a server which is protected from unauthorised access by the use of passwords. These passwords are only available to personnel who require access to your personal information to complete the tasks described above.
- The server described above is connected to our company LAN, which is protected from direct connection to the Internet by a hardware firewall and other security methods;
- We monitor our firewall and other security logs on a regular schedule for indications of unusual, or cracker related, activity;
- We assess our IT security procedures on a regular basis;
- Our webserver is protected from direct connection to the Internet by a hardware firewall and other security methods.
- Our webserver uses the TSL/SSL protocol (https://) and all personal information which you may submit using any forms on this website is encrypted and secure during transmission to us.