Weekly Hours: 37.5
Vacancy Location: Walsall
Expiry Date: 18/08/2022
REF: NSS23 – Senior Practitioner
37.5 hours per week | £18,564 per Annum | Permanent | Small Street Nursery, Walsall
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Practitioner at our 63 place day nursery, YMCA Small Street Day Nursery. You will contribute to the leadership of the setting, promoting good practice and maintaining a high quality provision.
Duties include but are not limited to;
· Providing and maintaining high quality education and care for children from birth to 5 years.
· Providing a warm and welcoming environment within the Nursery where young children and their families can feel valued and obtain positive help and support.
· Being part of the Nursery Senior Team you will provide leadership within the room on a daily basis. Setting a positive example to childcare practitioners, and working closely with the Childcare Manager and Senior Nursery Manager to ensure good practice.
You’ll need to be level 3 Early Years Qualified, with experience of implementing the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. You’ll need to be enthusiastic and passionate about working with children and their families, and strive to provide a safe and stimulating environment for children to learn and develop.
Apart from a competitive salary and the opportunity to work for a company that is passionate about giving back to the community, the successful applicant will also receive:
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 Statutory Bank Holidays per annum, pro rata
- Annual Leave increase based on length of service
- Life Assurance scheme
- 24/7 Confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Wellbeing Support
- Long Service awards
- SimplyHealth, health cash plan e.g. dental care, physiotherapy, diagnostic consultation, test and scans and many more
- Access to benefits on our IMHR Plus online portal, offering discounts at major brands and retailers
All applicants must complete an enhanced DBS check before taking up the role.
Closing Date for completed applications
18th August 2022.
All applicants must complete an application form before submission and complete enhanced DBS
The applicant must be able to respect the Christian Ethos of the YMCA
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At YMCA Black Country Group, diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and welcome and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. We encourage and support the recruitment, retention and career development of people from as wide a range as possible of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds. We look forward to receiving your application.
To apply for this role please click on the link below: