Weekly Hours: 37.5
Vacancy Location: Small Street Walsall
Expiry Date: 14.05.2021
We are looking for an enthusiastic Deputy Nursery Manager to inspire excellence at our Small Street Day Nursery. The Nursery offers childcare places for up to 65 children, providing a warm and welcoming environment where families can feel valued and obtain positive help and support.
The job role will include but won’t be limited to:
· Motivating the team and providing & maintaining high quality education and care for children from birth to 5 years.
· Providing a warm and welcoming environment within the Nursery where young children and their families can feel valued and obtain positive help and support.
- Be part of the Nursery management team, providing leadership within the setting, setting a positive example to childcare practitioners, and working closely with the Nursery Manager to ensure good practice.
- To work in partnership with other professionals involved with the children and their families, i.e. health visitors, teachers, Sure Start workers, speech therapists.
- To assist with the supervision and training of students and junior staff.
You’ll be an experienced practitioner, with a minimum Childcare & Education (Level 3) qualification. You will have a strong community ethos, be well organised, and be able to inspire high quality delivery and nurture staff to achieve excellence. You will have knowledge and a clear understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage. Above all, you’ll be passionate about providing children with a stimulating, safe and supportive environment integrated with quality early years education.
The applicant must be able to respect the Christian Ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
The applicant must complete an enhanced DBS check before taking up the role.
Closing Date for completed applications: Friday 14th May 2021
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At YMCA Black Country Group, diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and welcome and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. We encourage and support the recruitment, retention and career development of people from as wide a range as possible of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds. We look forward to receiving your application.
To apply for the above vacancy please follow the link below: