Weekly Hours: 37.5
Vacancy Location: West Bromwich
Expiry Date: 10.05.2021
We are looking to appoint a motivated and committed individual to join our Health and Wellbeing team to deliver our new Big Lottery funded programme. The post holder will be responsible for the recruitment, training and day to day support for all volunteers. The YMCA BCG Wren’s Nest Navigator Project uses a strengths based approach recognising the existing skills and talents of those living in the area and the expertise and resources of other partner agencies already supporting and delivering services to families and individuals living there. You will be experienced in training and supporting volunteers to enable them to deliver one to one support and activities to provide a variety of coproduced and bespoke interventions and activities for individuals living within Wren’s Nest. By supporting individuals to overcome barriers and engage in positive activities the project aims to:
- Increase mental wellbeing and emotional resilience.
- Increase life skills and overall resilience.
- Provide a safe and supportive network or trusted place to go for advice.
- Provide opportunity to improve physical health and adopt healthy behaviours.
- Improve aspirations and encourage individuals to make significant steps to gaining employment.
- Increase individual’s educational attainment.
- Contribute to the reduction of incidents of crime and antisocial behaviour as a result of the project and partnership work.
The applicants must be able to respect the Christian Ethos of the YMCA and uphold its values.
The applicants must complete an enhanced DBS check before taking up the role.
Closing Date for completed applications
Monday 10th May 2021
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At YMCA Black Country Group, diversity and inclusion is at the centre of everything we do. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. We believe in promoting and enhancing inclusion, diversity and equality and welcome and encourage applications from all areas of the community, who meet the criteria for the role, regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation. We encourage and support the recruitment, retention and career development of people from as wide a range as possible of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds. We look forward to receiving your application.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please click on the link below and download an application pack.